From: Steven Alfano [mailto:salf...@mail.rockefeller.edu]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:16 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: iOS 6 issues with Exchange ActiveSync

We have one confirmed reported issue that fits this description.  This user has
many devices attaching to Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4. These are iPhone5 iOS6,
Outlook 2011 (EWS), OWA (Safari) along with an iPad2 (iOS6). The 'missing'
calendar items were found and restored from the iPad as they were removed from
the mailbox and subsequently all other 'devices/cache'.  We believe the iPad
triggered the "loss" as this is where the missing calendar items were found but
have no further proof as to how this may have occurred.

As most of our faculty has numerous devices to connect to email, this has the
potential to be a very serious issue.  I have hear many time that Microsoft
supports ActiveSync in general but it is up to the individual manufacture as to
how they implement this in their device.  Basically there is no 'official'
assistance from MS on these intermittent issues. Now is the time to review how
good your backup software really is.

Steven Alfano
Sr. Systems Administrator
The Rockefeller University