All,

We are trying to determine the exact sequence that occurs when clients
(browsers, mobile, Outlook, etc.) first begin using Exchange 2010 Client Access
Servers.  I would like to be able to install the CAS role in our organization
and do some testing before the servers actually begin responding to client
requests.  For example owa.contoso.com resolves to a vip on our load balancers
(F5) which send requests to our Exchange 2007 CAS.  I would like to install
2010 CAS, create the proper rules on the F5 and test before directing
owa.contoso.com to the Exchange 2010 servers.

I believe we have a good understanding of the process for coexistence in terms
of DNS, SAN cert requirements, and the Set-ClientAccessServer commands that
need to be run.  Our goal is to have a controlled cut-over and avoid being
immediately in production once the 2010 CAS binaries are installed.  Is this
possible?

Thanks for the help and let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Peter

or send an email to