Howdy,

Running exim 4.89-3.

We pass all of our outbound Exim email to a smart host for auditing reasons.
The smart host logs the from and to addresses for legal reasons and then
delivers the email.

What we're seeing:
Example 1: If user Tim sends an email TO:tes...@domaina.com and
CC:tes...@domaina.com, the system works as it should. One email is sent with 2
recipients.

Example 2: If we change that up and user Tim sends an email
TO:tes...@domaina.com as well as CC:tes...@domainb.com, Exim is sending two
emails two 1 recipient each.

Is it possible to have Exim simply pass the email Example 2 as one email as in
Example 1? We do not want the multi-domain email split in to multiple emails.
Office 365 relays multi-domain emails through our smart host as one email. I
could have a message with 60 different recipient email domains coming from O365
and our relay server sees 1 email with 60 recipients and handles it
accordingly. With both Gmail and cPanel (Exim), using that same example, we'd
have 60 emails show up with 1 recipient each.

This is a big deal from the standpoint that Aunt Mabel sends 10x high-res pics
of the grandkids to the extended family, and now we're receiving 60x the
bandwidth that we should be on our smart host. Outbound bandwidth from our
smart host is the same.

Help?

Thanks,

- Al

CAN-SPAM/CASL Identification and Unsubscribe Information
You may unsubscribe at any time by visiting
https://portal.caslcure.com/unsubscribe/otc.agilson
All unsubscribe requests are handled within 10 days of receipt.
The OTC Group, casl-complia...@otcgc.com
Call to unsubscribe manually: 1-888-438-1682
5-4350 Castleton Road, London, ON N6N 0A3