On 08/01/2020 11:39, Tobias Klausmann via Exim-users wrote:
> Yeah, you're right. I presume I need no extra steps for $home
> being defined in the context of the transports?

In
http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-generic_options_for_routers.html

on "check_local_user" :-
"If the local part is a local user, $home is set from the password data"

Or, in
http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-string_expansions.html

on "$home"
"When the check_local_user option is set for a router, the user’s home
directory is placed in $home when the check succeeds".

So you need to use check_local_user.  Obviously that's not going to
work for the "virtual user" case, but it's ok for your case.

I'll be trying to invent some verbiage for bits of the docs to
guide people away from using $local_part directly...
Thanks, Andrew, for identifying the issue.

--
Cheers,
  Jeremy