On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 15:53:03 -0700, Kevin Cosgrove said:

> /usr/local/bin/folders is owned by my nmh package.  /usr/local/bin
> is ahead of /usr/bin in my PATH.

> But, because of your hypothesis about two 'folders' existing, I
> experimented with removing execute permission from /usr/bin/folders,
> restarting exmh, and running "Find all folders". The result is the
> correct folder list in exmh.
>
> I'd rather not mess with /usr/bin/folders permissions, and am hoping
> that there's an exmh or nmh way to lock 'folders' to /usr/local/bin/folders.
> If not, then I can write a shell script that forces my path
> before calling exmh.  After all, what else besides a conditional
> path order could have caused this?

I suspect that your .bashrc is putting /usr/local/bin at the front of $PATH,
and whatever your GUI does to launch exmh fails to do so....

Unfortunately, mhpath allows you to customize ~/Mail, and there's a
build-time option to say where /usr/$SOMETHING/lib/nmh is, but it
assumes that $PATH does the right thing....  so yeah, looks like a
short wrapper script that sets PATH and does an exec of exmh is called for....