Date:        Wed, 11 May 2022 21:22:08 -0400
    From:        Ken Hornstein <k...@pobox.com>

  | - I set the multipart alterative preference to text/plain first.

  | - For those messages (or ones that contain only text/html) I fall
  |   back to using the HTML viewer in exmh,

I do exactly that as well.

  |   which as we all know is not wonderful.

but which also has the advantage that it is less likely to
hide information than a "real" HTML interpreter would do.

But that is as far as I go.  The exmh interpreter is good enough
that I can tell if I really need to read the message or not.
If not, I simply don't.   If I think I should read it, I send a
reply, informing the sender that I cannot read their message.
If the sender also believes I need to read the message, they
can send it again in a better format.  If not, then I was mistaken,
and can simply ignore the message.

Works well enough for me.

kre