On Sun, 07 May 2000, you wrote:
> On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 04:20:45PM -0700, AG wrote:
> -> Just select +DIR from the playlist buttons and select the mount point of your
> -> CD as the directory.
>
> That didn't work for me. I tried mounting the CD, but it didn't like the
> default file system. How do I specify the file system at mount time?
>
> Selecting /dev/cdrom did not work, possibly because the user only has read
> permissions on the CD-ROM drive. (brw-r--r-- 2 root disk 11, 0 May 5 1998
> cdrom)

You DON'T mount audio CDs. You merely specify the default
"mount" location. For example, if using the standard mount
points, you tell XMMS to use /mnt/cdrom and to play from
there. Trust me, it works!

Repeat: do NOT attempt to *MOUNT* the audio cd...just point
XMMS to the mount directory and it'll take care of the rest!
        John