John Aldrich wrote:

> On Sun, 07 May 2000, you wrote:
> > On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 04:20:45PM -0700, AG wrote:
> > -> Just select +DIR from the playlist buttons and select the mount point of your
> > -> CD as the directory.
> >
> > That didn't work for me. I tried mounting the CD, but it didn't like the
> > default file system. How do I specify the file system at mount time?
> >
> > Selecting /dev/cdrom did not work, possibly because the user only has read
> > permissions on the CD-ROM drive. (brw-r--r-- 2 root disk 11, 0 May 5 1998
> > cdrom)
> >
> You DON'T mount audio CDs. You merely specify the default
> "mount" location. For example, if using the standard mount
> points, you tell XMMS to use /mnt/cdrom and to play from
> there. Trust me, it works!
>
> Repeat: do NOT attempt to *MOUNT* the audio cd...just point
> XMMS to the mount directory and it'll take care of the rest!
>         John

Actually, for audio thats true.

But if its like the Ozzy Osbourne CD I have with .qwk movies, you need
to mount
it like a regular iso9660 CD. ( You probably know this.. :) )

Just pointing it out for any newbies that may be lurking..

Alan

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED])     Running RedHat Linux 6.2 and/or
BeOS 5.0.  No Windows involved!