Calvert, looks like possibly some DNS info is missing on your system. Edit
/etc/resolv.conf, and add the domain name, and primary and secondary IP addresses of
your ISP's server. Or you can use KPPP, and enter these values into the GUI setup,
and the DNS infor will have a temp entry in /etc/resolv.conf.

Good luck,
Craig