Sridhar Govindarajulu wrote:
Hi,

I am planning to build a 750 Mhz system with AMD's Duron processor primarily
for it's cost benefit. The Duron CPU seems to cost less and perform equally
to an Intel CPU. But I prefer input from users who are using AMD chips. I
have a couple of concerns regarding the AMD processor.

Is an AMD processor equivalent to an intel chip, in terms of instruction
set, etc...

Are the power supply requirements so rigid as mentioned in the AMD website?

Will any hardware on an Intel system suit an AMD system?

ANy recommendations of a good motherboard for a Duron processor.

Appreciate any feedback from people who have/built an AMD system

TIA

Cheers
Sridhar

I'm using  linux mandrake 7.0 an 7.1 with AMD K7 and k7 athlon with no problem at all.
I use a MSI KT133PRO and a ASUS KV133.
 As video card I use a ASUS 6800 ge force 256 DDR.
 SCSI controller adaptec aha 2940 connected to a  CDROM Plextor UltraPlex a Iomega Zip drive, a HP DDS2 dat
 a mylex raid controller with ibm 18.2 ultra 2 drives

the systems work without a glitch.
so I recommend AMD K7 processors.

Alberto Passariello
       Byte Works Sistemi S.r.l.