jerrys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I installed Mandrake 7.2 using the expert option on my system and I have
> a question on how instillation is done.
> The first time I installed 7.2 was with Xfree 4.0.1 and I have a Viper
> 550 TNT AGP card installed on my system. None of the 3D games that came
> with 7.2 would work. I tried to install the nvidia drivers for my card
> using rpm, srpm, and with tar files, but nothing worked. I reinstalled
> 7.2 using the expert option and when I got to the Xfree option I took a
> minute to read all the information on the screen. It stated that 3D
> acceleration was only available with Xfree 3.3
> I installed with Xfree 3.3 with 3D acceleration and every thing worked.
> How do I get 3D acceleration to work with Xfree 4.0.1

Beware this 3D acceleration support is experimental and is based upon previous
version of nvidia drivers for RIVA128 and bug fixed by Utah GLX team. this
version does not include any AGP acceleration, and really works almost correctly
on RIVA128 card, but newer card may have problems with some games.

François.