[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Greetings!  I have been trying to install LM 7.2 on some SGI 1200
> servers.  These are 2U rack mount boxes.  The machines vary between
> having either an Adaptec SCSI controller or a MYLEX RAID controller.
> They are DUAL CPU boxes, and are identical to the VA Linux 2on2
> server.
>
> My problem is, the installation goes *perfectly* but when I get
> through it and reboot, it gets through the first part of the boot,
> then it fails to recognize ANY SCSI controllers at all, and thus
> cannot mount the root filesystem.
>
> Anyone know how I can get around this problem?  Please help! Please
> please!!!!
> --
> "Success covers a multitude of blunders."
> -- George Bernard Shaw

Grrr!

The install kernel and the loaded kernel are not the same.  Normally
this does not cause problems.

What you can do is boot off the CD, hit f1 and go to rescue mode.  You
will then be running--get on the root directory on your hard disk then
from there you can try loading different kernels (like kernel-linus) or
just compile the kernel for your situation.

civileme