I'm not sure if your supermount line is correct or not,
I stopped using supermount 1/2 day after I started using it
in 7.0 ... It gave me constant problems when using VMware :(

Anyway, it's easy enough to create a link in ~/.gnome-desktop
to the mount point of the zipdrive.  In my case:
 ~/.gnome-desktop/ZipDrive -> /mnt/zip  (symbolic link)

Then in /etc/fstab:
/dev/zip /mnt/zip auto user,noauto,nosuid,exec,nodev 0 0

BTW, in my case: /dev/zip -> hdd4   (/dev/hdd4 ,that is)

Now, you should be able to right-click on the desktop icon
for this link, and mount is one of the options.  Actually,
just double-clicking the destop icon automatically mounts
the zip-drive (only when there's a zip floppy in the drive,
of course).  Once the zip is mounted, and you right click
on the destop icon, eject should also be an option (which
by way of the "eject" command, should unmount & eject
the floppy).

Sounds to me like you're somehow using the parallel port
kernel module (ppa.o) for the Iomega Parallel port drive.

I would do a search and find what file is calling out
ppa (possibly /etc/modules.conf or /etc/conf.modules),
and get rid of that line, 'cause you don't have the parallel
port Zip, you have the ATAPI internal version.

Good luck,
GenEric