Tony K. Olsen said at Ò[expert] Upgrading glibc on MDK 7.2Ó.
[2000-11-21 11:38]

> Hi Everyone,
>
>     I am in the process of upgrading my MDK 7.2 default installation to
> allow
> me to run Enlightenment 0.16.5-1 (mdk.i586) but it requires the latest
> glibc-
> 2.2-5mdk.i586.rpm which I am about to install.

I upgraded recently and dont' remember exactly the full set of dependencies,
but I am sure you must get glibc, glibc-devel, nscd, db1, db2l, db3 ans sash
and upgrade all at the same time:
rpm -U sash*
rpm -U glibc* nscd* db*, to avoid cyclic dependencies.

After a couple rpm upgrades, everything works fine.