On Tue, 05 Dec 2000 18:52:42 Balaji Ramani wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 December 2000 12:24, you wrote:
> > stephen boulet wrote:
> > Yes, but it shouldn't really be necessary should it. I did a quick check
> > and I didn't find very many -joy modules of any kind.
> >
> > cu;-) Spence
>
> The problem is that the emu10k1 driver has a separate joystick driver.  Most
> of the soundcard drivers have the joystick driver built in.  That's the
> reason you need the emu10k1-joy module.

One other problem is what is the exact relation between emu driver in kernel
and the emu driver from Creative (which seems to be the base for the driver in
kernel, but that one in kernel misses joystick support).

ALSA is another problem. The alsa drivers for emu10k have not joystick
support. I have seen a patch around there, but I have not been able to find
it again.

BTW, I have tried the Creative emu10k1-joy with the ALSA emu10k1, and works.
So the joystick driver is completely independen of the sound driver.
Perhaps it should be included with the joysticks drivers section in kernel.

Is there any specific list to send a patch or ask about how to do it ?

--
Juan Antonio Magallon Lacarta                                 #> cd /pub
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     #> more beer

Linux 2.2.18-pre24-vm #2 SMP Wed Nov 29 02:56:21 CET 2000 i686 unknown