I decided to go clean install and get a fully 7.2 system.  I had a 90%+ 7.2
system before that I had hand-upgraded but some problems occured that I
couldn't define enough to fix and went with a clean slate.

Now that I have finished installing 7.2, there are a few problems that did
not exist before.  First off, the system is incredibly slow.  I have an
Athlon 700 and 256MB Ram yet when I start anything, a konsole, kmail,
whatever, it takes FOREVER for it to start.  Before the new install,
everything was very quick.  It is not aRTs - it is set at 'comfortable' which
is the same as it was before the new install.

The other problem is fonts and appearance.  Whew, my screen looks ugly now
that I have installed 7.2 completely.  I am using XFree86-4.0.1, 1024x768 16
bit colors, just like before, but my fonts are blocky and ugly.  They weren't
before the upgrade/install.  Many fonts, though listed in the font manager,
do not display when selected either.  Though their names are there, only a
small fraction of them display examples when I select them.

I have never come across these problems before with ANY install of linux so I
do not know what to do now.  Any pointers or suggestions out there?

praedor
--
Against stupidity, even the gods futiliy contend