Thanks for mentioning the cdj880 printer driver. I just finished
evaluating several of the printer drivers with my hp895C including the
895, 550, 882, 890, and now the 880 drivers. Without any doubt the
cdj880 driver is the best on the mandrake printer test, the 1 degree
radial lines look perfect, the characters are crisp and clear, and the
colors so sweet. Thank you, masked man! Great to have a driver that
works this well.

And to answer the query about an 895 printer that works, yes, it works
great. Don't hesitate to buy one to use with linux.

Tom Berkley

PS

Don't count on using the usb port anytime soon with your hp895 with
linux. My usb port works great with win98se but with linux, I get a lot
of aritifacts and garbage graphics printed.