On 01.23 Praedor Tempus wrote:

> How do I connect to and mount a Macintosh harddrive that is networked AND has
> filesharing enabled (and tcpip enabled)?

In short: YOU CAN'T (afaik).

You want this scenario: macs are servers, share their files, and you want to see
them from the linux box. Macs share their files through a protocol called
AppleTalk,
that works over the same physical ethernet than TCP/IP (ftp, telnet, nfs), but
is
not the same. So you want an AppleTalk client running in your linux box to
connect
to appletalk servers and mount their disks. There is no client to do that.

The latest news I have heard about that are in:
http://www-sccm.stanford.edu/Students/hargrove/HFS/index.html#Clients
http://www.panix.com/~dfoster/afpfs/

so it seems to be in very unusable shape.

The reverse (see your linux box from macs Chooser), can be done with 'netatalk'.
Look at:
http://netatalk.sourceforge.net/

And you can install an ftp server on your macs. NetPresenz it the best for me.
Get it in you favourite mac mirror, and put an alias in the Startup Items
Folder.
I do not know if it will be still free...

BTW: anybody knows anything about linux support for
- HFS+
- afpfs

--
J.A. Magallon                                                      $> cd pub
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          $> more beer

Linux werewolf 2.4.1-pre10 #4 SMP Wed Jan 24 00:20:15 CET 2001 i686