Hello,

Perhaps some of you have the same problem I do. I take my laptop at work
and change IP proxy/firewall etc. Then I return home and have to set it
all up again.

atm i use differnet logins, but idealy i would have some sort of
Enviroment varaible that was set by lilo depending on my bootup which
was then used to configure the rest of the proxys and other options on
my laptop. DHCP can solve the IP problem but then its not possible ssh
into my laptop unitl i find the IP each day.

I have found the following sites on this topic, and would be interested
to hear other peoples solutions to what I believe must be a common problem.

JG

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue21/fvwm.html
http://linuxdoc.org/LDP/LG/issue20/laptop.html
http://linuxdoc.org/LDP/LG/issue20/laptoplist.html