Here is a basic question, new to me.

I recently bought a few domain names.  At this point I am still trying
to learn how (or if) I can use them...I have no idea as yet.  I would
like to be able to name my box permanently based on one of my domains
but do not know how to go about it.  I'd also like to have my own email
address (I am running postfix) that anyone can mail to.  Right now I am
stuck with emailing out via postfix, and receiving via yahoo (or my
local university mailserver).

This is on a laptop that is connected to a university network during the
day and to a different network (from home) at night.  Can someone point
out how I might pull this off?  I would rather not be my own dns,
though I suppose I'd try it if I had to.  I do have tinydns available
but not setup on my system (Mandrake 8.1).  I dorked with it
experimentally for a little while but got nowhere with it.

praedor

On Monday 25 February 2002 12:33 pm, you wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:51:28 -0500 Randy Kramer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > Pierre,
> >
> > Thanks for this (I'm going to put some of it on a WikiLearn page as
> > a reminder to me), but there were some things I didn't understand
> > in reading your pages.  Questions embedded below and afterwards.
> >
> > http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/FightingSpam
[...]