Hello everibody, I get a problem with DMA and Mandrake 8.1

dmesg show:

/dev/ide/host0/bus1/target0/lun0:hdc: timeout waiting for DMA
hdc: status error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }

I believe that is a commom error from serie 8.x.
When I mount some partition from the disk, transfer rate being at 1.1 Kbps

Anyone can send me a way to fix this problem?

If it is not a commmom problem and if it is not information enough, please
contact me and I can send information about hdparm, complete dmesg,
hardware instalation and configuration, bios settings, etc

please I realy need help

Thanks