On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 19:10:18 -0500, Pierre Fortin wrote:

->> It's the same for taking the no or the rewind device: the Error msg is
->> always the same : tar :  /dev/nst0: Cannot open: Read-only file system
->
->Is the tape write-protected...?
->

Hi Pierre
I feel ashamed!

Idid everything right you but < *Sheepish grin* on>  don't put the write protect to
off for the testtape
You see: the box ist better than I when it told me " Cannot open: Read-only file
system"

tnx for your hint it will save me a lot of time. there are scripts at the tape I will
not  generate from scratch

bye peter

Bye Peter

Tel:     +49 (30) 742 61 10