You may get as many answers as OS's out there, but for me the focus is more
usability for the desktop. It also makes a hell of a server OS also. Easier to
install... easier to administer. I started out with Red hat and started watching
Mandrake about 3 years ago. They would take the Red Hat release fix all the
things that Red Hat SHOULD have done before it was released, made a few more
enhancements and then re-released it as Mandrake. So since it was fixing things
that needed fixing that RedHat didn't think was important it was a natural for
me.

--

Lorne Shantz
Note: Unfortunately if you send a message to me without it having my email