Thanks Pierre...

I'd originally had this working between two NAT'd networks
with a firewall that basically sent all 'other network'
traffic over to the other firewall, basically the routing
tables on the subnet boxes used the local firewall as the default
route and the other network subnet was a statiuc route in
the firewall routing table pointing to the other firewall.
And visa versa... hope you follow me.

How RFC's may or may not have broken is another matter
but it worked well enough ...
anyway those are discussions for the wee small hours
over a few beers ;-)

I'd the ports written wrong in my example... need to be careful
as taken too literally... actually 19922, 19822 ...

Anyway..

Enter Bastille on Mandrake-SNF... everything is working well
from single subnet to outside and outside to subnet (apart from
the multiple port/host forwarding requirement)
but I plain can't get the routing between f/w to work without removing
Bastille completely... which seems to defeat the object of using
it...

If there were a VPN solution... great but you'd still have the
private subnet to private subnet routing problem...

Any ideas ?

Dominic