On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:53:41 -0500 "Baines, Dominic"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Pierre...
>
> I'd originally had this working between two NAT'd networks
> with a firewall that basically sent all 'other network'
> traffic over to the other firewall, basically the routing
> tables on the subnet boxes used the local firewall as the default
> route and the other network subnet was a statiuc route in
> the firewall routing table pointing to the other firewall.
> And visa versa... hope you follow me.

Maybe this will help as a discussion point...
http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Adv-Routing-HOWTO-5.html

> How RFC's may or may not have broken is another matter
> but it worked well enough ...
> anyway those are discussions for the wee small hours
> over a few beers ;-)

Is that an offer...?  :*D

> I'd the ports written wrong in my example... need to be careful
> as taken too literally... actually 19922, 19822 ...
>
> Anyway..

OK... similar... my suggestion would have covered 22001-22254...

> Enter Bastille on Mandrake-SNF... everything is working well
> from single subnet to outside and outside to subnet (apart from
> the multiple port/host forwarding requirement)
> but I plain can't get the routing between f/w to work without removing
> Bastille completely... which seems to defeat the object of using
> it...

Never used Bastille...  but sounds like it might not be VPN aware, so it
might not complain if you established a tunnel (looks like a serial
link)...

> If there were a VPN solution... great but you'd still have the
> private subnet to private subnet routing problem...

Not an issue once the two subnets are "connected" via a private link (VPN,
tunnel,...)

> Any ideas ?

Check out the link above and let me know if you need more help with it if
one of the tunnels sounds acceptable...  I'd recommend IP-in-IP vs GRE...

HTH,
Pierre