I am trying to install the Mandrake Single network Firewall. The machine
is an
AMD k6-2/450 with 128 Mb Ram (2 64 MB DIMMS) and a 10 GB Hard drive. The
board
has video integrated on the board that uses 8 mb of Ram for video. The
problem
is when I start the install it gets to the loading 2nd stage ram disk
and
bombs with an "error creating RAM disk" error message.

I have swapped the ram with ram that I know works, I have tried each
stick in
either slot, both together and singly. I have tried the mem=120M option
as
well as mem=128M. The CD will install the software on another computer
so I
assume the CD is good.

I am able to install Mandrake 7.1 on this machine with no problem, but
the SNF
and 8.1 will not install

Any ideas?

John