[ric@darkstar ric]$ locate xflame
/usr/share/control-center/screensavers/xflame.xml
/usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver/xflame
/usr/X11R6/man/man1/xflame.1.bz2

Hint: It;s not the .xml, or th e.bz2 file. ;)
All of the xscreensaver executables are located in
/usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver

However, it's a full executable. I'm not sure that KDE will run it. I
may be wrong, but I believe that the kde screensavers are a specific
file format, read by a screensaver program in kde.

Not the case with xscreensaver.
What I did a while back was to turn off the kde screensaver, and add a
section to the "startkde" script to execute xscreensaver when it was
started. Thus, I had xscreensaver running inside of kde.

That was a couple of years ago though. I'm running gnome these days, so
I'd have to research a bit to figure out the specifics again.

Hope that helps.

Ric