heya,

--- Lyvim Xaphir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-04-01 at 09:23, Dianne Marie Montesa
> wrote:
> > **** Paging civileme, Vincent Danen and other
> > mandrakesoft cool and gorgeous guys ;) <grins>
> ****
> >
> > may i know what is the status of this? dont want
> to be
> > so nosey but its really irritating to have a
> /bin/cat
> > running on your mandrake+kde system ... and not
> see
> > the same process on other distros like rh or
> > slackware.
>
> Diane,
>
> I would love to help you, but even though I also
> have a mandrake+kde
> system (81), I can't replicate you problem...that's
> why I haven't
> responded before now.

there is really nothing special about my installation.
its using the mandrake kernel that came with mandrake
8.1 and its booting on init level 5 (gui login).
everything is off the CD ... after my clean install, i
have updated only the packages listed on the 8.1
updates (not including the kernel).  the updates list
doesnt include KDE updates.

hmmm, are you saying you dont see /bin/cat on your
opened processes? how do you start kde? ... thru
startx?

> But I can tell it's
> irritating you, so I thought
> I'd at least let you know I've seen you frustration.
> ;)

oh its not really irritating me ... :-) its just
making me pull 3 strands of my hair everytime i do a
'ps ax' and sees it  :-P  <grin>

> My wooden nickel:  It looks like an anomaly
> resulting from some
> kde-related rpm installs, after the initial distro
> install.  I'm making
> a self-educated guess here.  Has there been KDE rpm
> activity since the
> initial distro install?

nope, none that i know of ... i will be installing 8.2
on a different machine today. if i dont see it
(/bin/cat) on the processes initiated, ill just
upgrade and "forever hold my piece" about this issue
;)

ciao,
dianne (btw 2 Ns) :-P