On Monday August 12 2002 01:25 pm, jerry white wrote:
> To all that responded thanks
> The problem was brand of disk With TDK disks wouldnot  fit
> with Memorex I was able to burn.
> I have 9,0beta installed now happily using it.

   'Brand' is a misnomer when it comes to cdr's. They're rarely if ever
are made by the brand they're sold under. Most are, CMC Magnetics,
Ritek, or Taiyo Yuden.  Ty-U's are often the best.  Short of shoppin
brands, greener is usually better'r, since you can't go by brands till
you see the ATIP info from those you already bought.  I've got half way
thru a 50 spindle only to find out the cdr's were actually from two
different manufacturers.  IIRC it was a TDK spindle. Started out with
T-U's (good stuff), rest of the spindle was Ritek (a little better than
CMC, but still sort'a disappointing).

   As to 'read-ability', cdr media is often the weakest link, but keep
in mind that cd-rw drives and cdroms use a slightly different laser
wave length.  Many burned CD's that a cdrom drive, specially one that's
been in use for some time and the axle's gettin some wear/wobble in it,
or it advertises 32x or above and sounds like a lawn mower engine
spinn'n up, probly won't be very good at reading cdr's.