Dear friends,

My son would like powerfull games runing in my double Win98/Mandrake 9.0
desktop computer and my wonderfull Voodoo3 3000 is now having some
problems to run properly some of the games hi likes.

Conclusion: I am thinking about a new video card but, of course I like
one  that can run well, including DRI, under both OS (I don't wont lose
my Chromium, Quake III, Tuxracer and so on games under linux).

I have heard about TNT2, Geforce, Geforce2, Geforce3, Ati Radeon,
Matrox...... and I am very confused. It should be a card with at least
32 Mb Ram, AGP conection, DRI (aceleration).... but I need your advice;
I know that some Nvidia are very good, including TV-output utilities,
but the modules are just binaries; ATI seems, at least until now, to be
more related with the Open Source world and also some of them have
tv-output utilities....

Probably there are lots of expert-list members and people of the
mandrake team
that have good experiencies runing Mandrake 9.0 and some of those cards.
Please, could you help me to select one.

Thanks so much in advance

Francisco Alcaraz
Murcia (Spain)