Sorry if this gets reposted ... I have been having problems with my email
systems lately :(

Subject: Libpcap and software based on it
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:19:42 -0600
From: stefmit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ExpertMandrake-List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Short of installing libpcap from source, is there any other way to make all
the libpcap-dependent software aware of where the Mandrake libraries are? I
am talking about arpwatch, ethereal (from source), etc.

NOTE: I still like to build packages from source, but - just as a side issue
 - for whatever reasons, when trying to install ethereal the Mandrake "way",
 I get this:

# urpmi --wget ethereal
To satisfy dependencies, the following packages are going to be installed (12
MB):
ethereal-0.9.6-2mdk.i586
libsnmp0-4.2.3-4mdk.i586
Is this OK? (Y/n)
package ethereal-0.9.6-2mdk.i586 is not found.
unable to get source packages, aborting

Thx,
Stef