I did not even realize how senseless my email was :( ... I am sorry. What I
was asking was about two separate issues:

1. None of the source code packages depending on libpcap, can find it (e.g.
arpwatch, ethereal, etc.), when trying to "./configure" them (my actual
question)
AND
2. The totally separate issue in the NOTE, which refers to a broken thing in
the urpmi, somwhere, as no packages attempted to be installed are found. I
"bundled" the two together because the urpmi option was one I was willing to
try for ethereal, if the answer to 1. was not available ... but this one
failed me totally :(

Thx,
Stef