Capital refers to cash or cash-like instruments.  The message implies that M
is having a problem meeting its cash requirements to keep the business
operating...for example paying salaries and bills (electricity, phone
service, etc.).  They have essentially five options.
1. Reduce expenses (reduce the number of employees, stop buying things, or ask
employees to wait a bit for the salary payments
2. Increase revenue (sell more products or services)
3. Borrow cash (from a bank or private lender)
4. Sell stock (this is usually done in large chunks, say by issuing 5-20% more
shares in the company and diluting the ownership position of the existing
shareholders/owners by that amount).

All of these take time to organize and complete and impact the financial
status.

A fifth option is to be creative as M has done.  In M's case by appealing to
loyalists such as ourselves to contribute directly to the company coffers in
return for a service (M Club) that is (presumably) low cost to operate.  Feel
free to contact M directly and ask how you can help.  I'm sure they won't be
shy in telling you how to.

IMHO, I think in the end, M will use a combination of these options, re-focus
on how things are done inside the company, and will likely come out of the
crisis in a stronger position than going in.  They certainly have a good core
product.

Paul