Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
Has anybody had a problem with Open Office not installing in English? Other than me?

I completed my first LM90 install over the weekend; everything went well
except for that. Will probably post the dirty details later. But for
now I'm wondering how to get Open Office out of German.

Any suggestions out there?

--LX

P.S. Happy 2003!!!

# rpm -qa | grep -i office
OpenOffice.org-help-en-1.0.1-9mdk
koffice-i18n-en_GB-1.2-1mdk
OpenOffice.org-libs-1.0.1-9mdk
OpenOffice.org-l10n-en-1.0.1-9mdk
OpenOffice.org-1.0.1-9mdk
koffice-1.2-3mdk

# rpm -qa | grep -i spell
libaspell10-0.33.7.1-7mdk
aspell-en_CA-0.33.7.1-7mdk
aspell-en_GB-0.33.7.1-7mdk
myspell-en_US-1.0.1-0.20020626.4mdk
pspell-0.12.2-7mdk
aspell-0.33.7.1-7mdk
gnome-spell-0.4.1-4mdk
ispell-en-3.2.06-6mdk
libpspell4-0.12.2-7mdk
aspell-en-0.33.7.1-7mdk
ispell-3.2.06-6mdk

The problem I had at install was myspell-en-CA being chosen for me. As you can see, this is the one that I manually changed as, IIRC, it is used by OpenOffice. I had to add -en-US first, then remove -en-CA as dependencies required at least one to be installed or all of OpenOffice would be removed.

With this in mind, I would suggest either using Software Manager to install the correct package, find it in your sources and rpm -Uvh, use urpmi, or install in parallel if that dependency issue is present and remove the unwanted package(s).