I have no problem. I am using XP/Pro in a computer with 2 ethernet
cards, one hoooked to an ADSL router and the other one to a home lan,
using Internet Connection Sharing. My Linux machine connect to the home
lan, DHCP is served by the ¨minimalist DHCP server on XP. The Linux
machine DNS server points to the XP home-lan-card, which is at the same
time its default gateway.

During Mandrake 9 installation, I set the name of the machine as
pc-mdk-9.mshome.net because the NDS proxy built into XP serves that
domain.

Take a look at your DNS settings in /etc/resolv.conf and make sure that
all your machines belong to the same domain.

Adolfo