James;
Thanks! It was a bloody victory, but a victory all the same. :)

As to the system:
Yeah., the rebuild will be in person. Which is why it's going to wait
until March when I'll be in Seattle next.

I'm not too concerned with the power supply. In this case, the inital
damage was cause by a power outage. The rest has just been continued
symptoms of that.
This last time (yesterday) I suspect was my fault. I was messing with
the postfix spam filters, and all he(ck) broke loose. I "bumped"
something that I shouldn't have. What was frustrating was that postfix
wasn't issuing errors, so I didn't know where to look.

So I finally grabbed a bigger hammer. ;0

CPU Fams.
Probably a good idea. Right now, it has none. Just fins on both of them,
with a case fan, and a duct. They get cooled, but not as well as they
could. One problem: The system has 2 CPUs, but the mobo only has one sux
power connector. So I'll need to find (make) a "Y" adapter to power two
fans (which is why it has fins now...).

I may look into some of that while I'm there. It depends on how much
time I have.

Ric