Vincent Danen wrote:
On Sun Feb 02, 2003 at 11:01:34AM +1100, Ron Stodden wrote:
That's inescapably Mandrake's job.     N'est ce pas?

Sure, but everything tested out fine with the secteam, with QA, and
with me.  Without knowing the symtomd (nevermind the packages), how can
we fix it?  You presume too much.

Tell us what got "clobbered".  My 9.0 machines, with all updates
applied, are rock solid.
I did tell you some. It's difficult because I fix each up only as it pops up
during my work - which interrupts my work.

Here's a partial recap. Probably more to come as I recall them.

The harware is beautifullfy sound, both before, after, and during.
Gateway machine is heavily firewalled. Other machine is on a LAN
from the gateway machine.

1. KDE 3.0 panel had most of its icons changed to gearwheels.
2. KDE menu abbreviated - no Terminals or File tools or Control Centre
(which is up all the time on its own desktop for managing printer jobs).
3. Mozilla printing just quit with no message. Required rpm -e on all
the mozilla RPMs and reinstall.

--
Ron [Melbourne, Australia]
"The problems that we have created as a result of the level of thinking