Vincent Danen wrote:
Sure, but everything tested out fine with the secteam, with QA, and
with me.  Without knowing the symtomd (nevermind the packages), how can
we fix it?  You presume too much.

Tell us what got "clobbered".  My 9.0 machines, with all updates
applied, are rock solid.
Alas! My reply was inadvertenly attached to James Sparenburgs's
message below. My apologies.

All Linux partitions on both machines worked perfectly for about 6 months after
expert installation. Then these problems started appearing on 3 of the partitions.

Interestingly, a reinstall did not fix anything, like it does with Windows 98
(but _NOT_ always) - which is a serious requirements or design problem with
the Mandrake installer.

--
Ron [Melbourne, Australia]
"The problems that we have created as a result of the level of thinking