On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 15:30, Bryan Whitehead wrote:
[snip]
> I can understand if you just don't have the driver, but when it's there
> in the regular kernels, and I can't install the damn machine, what the hell?
>
> Scsi drivers and network drivers should always be included. At least you
> can get the system installed and up for post-config. The way it is now
> I'm screwed, all new dell's shipping (the 550 series we buy) have the
> LSI mpt series 320 SCSI cards. (mptbase and mptscsih need to be modprobed).
[snip]

AIUI, hitting F1 at the installer's LILO splash screen and typing
"expert" at the ensuing LILO prompt gives you, amongst other things, the
opportunity to load additional filesystem modules from a floppy for use
by the 2nd stage installer; while this is designed for third-party
modules, I don't see what would prevent it from loading native kernel
modules as well.

Perhaps just copying the mptbase and mptscsih modules from a working
install onto a floppy would give you what you need for your subsequent
installs? Or have you already tried this method?

--
Bill Mullen   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   MA, USA   RLU #270075   MDK 8.1 & 9.0
"Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and