1. I love Mandrake, and as such I was probably among the first to order (as I
learned from this list - better directly from mandrakestore) the 9.1 package,
BUT - anxious like everyone here - decided and obtained also the downloadable
ISOs ... and ran from work back home to play with them ...

2. Here I am - at home - with one of my PCs that I really can take apart and
play with any time - running a previous DVD install of Mandrake (the
workstation DVD that came with my previously 9.0 server purchase). I chose to
upgrade to 9.1 using the fresh CDs - put them in - run the upgrade option -
BINGO! First hand experience with 9.1 upgrade: everything ran as smooth as it
can get, and everything I can see right now came back up fine. Will check all
details later, of course. So ... so far - thus - as an American I can only
say (once again, this time about software;>): VIVE LA FRANCE!!! ;)

3. So - still having some time in hands (before the wife figures out the
lights in my office, and walks in and "reboots" me, or "installs son in my
lap, to clean his backplane") I decided to install some programs that I
didn't have before (just for testing purposes), based on the newly/refreshed
updated configuration sites for urpmi, from the good old trusted
http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/index.php (this time for 9.1, of course, having
previously removed the 9.0 entries). And here comes my question: whatever
packages I choose to download, whether downloadable from an "unsupported"
(plf or cooker) site, or installable from the new 9.1 CDs, I am being asked
for the CDs of 9.1 (understandably), after which I am being asked for the 9.0
DVD. Is this normal? (of course I could remove the 9.0 DVD from the urpmi
config, but I thought of leaving it there for now ... just a feeling about
this being an upgrade ...)

All in all - great product, once again! I like it even better now ... even if
I am still running my favorite iceWM ... I will probably "bite" on the 3.1
KDE sometimes in the weekend, and expect even more pleasant surprises (at
least from what I've been reading here).

Stef