As I explained in my earlier post: I have done all that, i.e. removed the old
urpmi config entries and re-updated them from the 9.1 "section" of the
awesome http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/index.php ;) ... no big deal, though. I
am tempted to think that something may be lingering from a non-std (contrib
or unsupported Mandrake-ready) prior install (I have all kind of junk running
on that machine, as test, prior to using it on my laptop or other desktops),
as someone (and yourself) suggested.

Thx,
Stef