Hi, well its looks like I'm in the right area time wise :)
Now I'm getting very tempted to upgrade the cpu, Ive only recently got
this motherboard so I should be OK .

It would be nice to encode to mp3 with grip, but I've look everywhere I
know and hav'nt found the encoder.

from the replies on this list and what reading I've done etc, it would
appear that the rip and encoding thats done with some of the windows
progs probably cut a lot of corners to gain speed.
At least with linux we can burn a CD and still do other things, my sons
750MHz duron machine running winxp, cant do much else if he copies a cd
with nero, it may be quicker BUT !!

Richard

--
Richard Bown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>