I am sorry if this does not work for you, but I had the identical issue a
couple of times/installs - the kernel-source was either not installed, or
I've played with a newer one, put it there for future upgrades, and forgot,
etc. Are you sure it is the one you are running (either as version, or "type"
- i.e. SMP)?

Stef