Hi,

I believe the two PCs are on an internal network....so
they should be getting LAN speed. There is no way that
the transfer is going all the way to the internet and
back to the other PC unless you have 2 public IP
addresses, which i believe is not the case with
comcast. The two PC's should have 2 internal,
non-routable IP addresses (192.168.x.x) or (10.0.x.x)

_Thanks

--- Sevatio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hardware Scenario: 2 PCs connected to a hub/switch
> and the hub/switch is
> connected to a Comcast cable modem that is connected
> to the Comcast
> Cable Internet system.
>
> Main Question: Is it possible to route things in a
> manner that enables
> the 2 PCs to send data (via FTP or whatever) to each
> other at LAN speed
> (10/100mbps)?  What happens now is that the data
> transfer is limited to
> Comcast's upstream limit (256kbps) because the
> packets are going out to
> the internet and coming back to the other PC.  How
> would I set this up
> so that the data transfer rate is in the range of a
> local area network
> (close to 100mbps) by routing the packets to go
> directly through the
> hub/switch to the other PC?
>
> Side note: I noticed that 2 PCs running Windows w/
> Netbeui and file
> sharing, the data transfer is that of LAN speed.
>
> So what is Netbeui & Windows File Sharing doing that
> is allowing the LAN
> speed connection between the 2 PCs and how can I get
> my 2 Linux boxes to
>   ftp to each other at LAN speed given the hardware
> scenario?
>
> Thanks,
> Sevatio
>

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from