Wolfgang Bornath wrote:

*** Wolfgang Bornath Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:32:40 +0200 :

I chose nluug because Thorsten reported it as a good source. But both
connections timed out at the same time during my coffee break. :(

Good thing is that the ncftp download resumed at the breakpoint and
it's almost done now (running at 177,2kB/s now). But I haven't found
out how I can resume a download with Mozilla.

Now I'm really lost! The download worked until just 1 second was left. Then it stopped, timed out and showed:

MandrakeLinux-9.....iso: ETA: 0.01 650,37/650,49  177,21  Could not read
reply from control connection -- timed out
get MandrakeLinux....iso: could not retrieve remote file.

The same output I received from the servers last night.
This happened with ncftp, ftp, Mozilla, on 2 different machines, both
with sufficient space on the target partition and on the tmp partition.
Nothing has changed with my internet connection and I never had problems
with downloads before. Last large download was RC1 when I started all 3
downloads at the same time using ncftp.

Now I made another attempt with Mozilla at ftp.surnet.nl and it timed
out at 230MB and 40 minutes to go. Not knowing how to resume a download
I give up.

Worst thing is: Now I wasted 2.8GB of my monthly limit of 5GB and
can't get RC2 anymore via download because I need the remaining 2GB for
other things. So if Final comes out in September I'll have to wait until
October... :((

wobo

You need to get familiar with rsync. Navigate to the directory with the partial downloads and run this from the command line:

rsync -Pv --stats --progress ftp.sunet.se::Mandrake-iso/i586/MandrakeLinux-9.2rc2-CD*

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Linux user #322847 | Linux machine #207465 | http://counter.li.org/
   AMD Duron 1.3GHz | Mandrake 9.1 | Kernel 2.4.21-0.16mm-mdk
               KDE 3.1.3 | Mozilla 1.4 Mail Client
Uptime:
03:40:00 up 3 days, 14:56,  1 user,  load average: 0.18, 0.20, 0.25

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)