H.J.Bathoorn wrote:

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 18:10, Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:

If you tried it you would know whether or not it's working in a few
seconds. If it's not working just hit "Ctrl+c" to kill it.

I just tried it, renaming the rc1 iso to rc2.
Here's the command (I left '--progress' in just to be safe though I gathered -P does the same) I typed:
rsync -Pv --stats --progress ftp.sunet.se::Mandrake-iso/i586/MandrakeLinux-9.2rc2-CD1.i586.iso

Didn't work! Iwas going to moan about it but then read Greg's link & saw the missing space and period at the end.

" rsync -Pv --stats --progress ftp.sunet.se::Mandrake-iso/i586/MandrakeLinux-9.2rc2-CD1.i586.iso ."
does start up.
CTRL-C'ed it due to my data limits, pity you don(t get to see an estimate of the total dload. NIce way of dloading this, I didn't know rsync could do that.

Thanks for showing, this is going to save a lot of bandwidth in time to come.

Good luck,
HarM

I'm sorry. I must have forgotten the period. That makes it download to the directory in which you are currently working.

The -P is the equivalent of --partial --progress according to "man rsync". It keeps partial files it has started to download but for some reason or another has the download interrupted and show you the progress of the sync.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Linux user #322847 | Linux machine #207465 | http://counter.li.org/
   AMD Duron 1.3GHz | Mandrake 9.1 | Kernel 2.4.21-0.16mm-mdk
               KDE 3.1.3 | Mozilla 1.4 Mail Client
Uptime:
03:10:00 up 4 days, 14:26,  1 user,  load average: 0.13, 0.46, 0.41

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)