On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Robert Thyberg wrote:

> Have had exactly the same problem, which is why this is being sent by Eudora!!
> Have 4-port router into a Cable modem. 2 Linux (9.2 rc2 and SuSE) and two
> Wins (2000 and XP). However mine has not accidently  started  working again
> altho I've tried all sorts of things. Reinstall seems to be the only thing
> to make it work for a while!
> Ideas??

Since you're using a router and trying to get an IP address from it (as
opposed to a direct connection to the modem, where the address would come
instead from your ISP), the simplest solution is to not use DHCP at all,
and configure yourself a static address. Doesn't answer the "why", but
fixes the "what" once and for all ... :)

--
Bill Mullen   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   MA, USA   RLU #270075   MDK 8.1 & 9.0
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first