> which flavour of windows have you got ?
>

> The reason I ask is that on my LAN I have win4lin with win98se
> installed
> which finds the printer and prints OK,
> But if I connect my old laptop which has winxp on it, it reports
> access
> denied to the printer ,but still prints OK from the apps.
>
> HTH
> Richard

xp / 98 on vmware.  I get the exact same problems - which isn't
really a problem cause I can print, but I would like to get rid of
that message.
Here's my log file:
[2003/10/02 08:46:34, 0]
printing/print_cups.c:cups_printername_ok(291)
  Unable to get printer status for . - client-error-not-found
[2003/10/02 08:46:34, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection(252)
  enigma (192.168.0.7) couldn't find service .
[2003/10/02 08:47:20, 0]
rpc_client/cli_spoolss_notify.c:spoolss_connect_to_client(91)
  connect_to_client: unable to connect to SMB server on machine
ENIGMA. Error was : SUCCESS - 0.

But again, I CAN print just fine.

mike

--