Anne Wilson said:
> On Friday 03 Oct 2003 4:19 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> James Sparenberg said:
>> > Good news may be with samba 3.x .... it's better aimed at XP
>> > (fingers
>> > crossed)
>>
>> You know, I was reading a little bit about that, and I was under
>> the impression that most of it's new features were aimed at
>> dealing better with NT4.
>
> Since XP has the same base as NT4, that's reasonable.

I'm not a real m$ kernel guru, but I believe that they've made
quite a few changes since nt4.  Looking back on the win2k mcse
classes, there was quite a bit of difference even in those
systems.  Working experience with xp now seems quite a bit
different than 2k (of course that's end user stuff).

>>I thought that was quite odd, but I may
>> have just misread; it was really more of a quick glance.
>> Similarly with Win4lin; why do they keep putting out new
>> versions
>> that only work with 9x versions of Windoze?  That system is 5
>> years old now.
>>
> The latest issue is able to support W2K upwards - but it's a first
> stage, so I don't know how good it is yet.  I'm sure that by the
> next
> release it will be good.
>
> And then of course many of us do actually prefer to stay with
> win98 -
> particularly since it is 100% stable under win4lin.

Just browsing their webpage, they don't seem to have support for
anything buy 95,98 or ME.  Are you talking about one in beta?

--
Michael Holt
Snohomish, WA                      (o_