Hello HaywireMac,

Friday, October 10, 2003, 5:46:18 AM, you wrote:

H> Considering the effects of compromised home computers running XP on
H> the 'net, I would like to start a campaign to essentially "lock
H> out" IE from accessing websites.

H> Of course, one would still be able to use Windows, but have to use an
H> alternate browser such as Mozilla.

This might not go well with the people who DO use an alternate
browser, but have it set to ID as IE. This gets MANY pages to work
that would not work otherwise because of the kind of message you want
to put up. MANY people do this, and it is, in part, how M$ seems to
get such huge market share numbers.

I understand that there is code that does more extensive testing to
see if it really is IE, independent of what the ID says. M$ apparently
helped in the development. You might try to get this and use it
instead, thus allowing alternate browsers who ID as IE to still work.
Us alternate browser users would sure appreciate that. :-)

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]